Already $140,000 raised! Join our Crowdfunding Campaign (from $100 USD) and help us continue to create a more welcoming world
Wondering what to do in Barcelona for your next gaycation to the Catalan capital? From strolling Las Ramblas to getting your dose of sun, sand and surf at Barceloneta, we’ve created THE gay bucket list for exploring this vibrant city on the Med. How many will you be ticking off? We’ll race you to it!
Find a misterb&b in Barcelona now
1) Wander through the Gothic Quarter and admire the intricate buildings in the sun.
2) Head to La Boqueria market to pick up some of the best produce in town, and take it back to your misterb&b apartment for a picnic at home.
3) Dig into the perfect hangover recovery brunch at hip cafe, Caravelle - the avocado on toast is addictive.
4) Take your new tinder date through Park Guell and appreciate a moment together in front of Barcelona’s skyline.
5) Jam with the hipsters, and spend the night crawling through the gay bars of Poble Sec.
6) Get your dose of vitamin D at popular Barceloneta, and find your Catalan king on the sand.
7) Impatiently queue at food institution, Cerveza Catalonia, and know it will all be worth it after digging into their incredible pimientos de padron - things will get hot!
8) Get lost in the hustle and bustle of Las Ramblas, and find treasure at all the different market stands.
9) Be a tourist for the day and visit La Sagrada Familia, it’s well worth the crowds. Just be sure to look up when inside!
10) Tick off your clubbing bucket-list with a night at Razzmatazz. Go on a Wednesday night, and you’ll experience gay soirée, Dirty Dancing.
11) Eat like a king in slightly kitsch venue, Ciudad Condal - lots of chandeliers above head!
12) Grab that winning-instagram shot of Gaudi’s Casa Battló, art nouveau at its best!
13) Test your fear of heights with a cable car ride to Montjuïc, and appreciate some spectacular views over the city.
14) Unveil your inner - or outer - queen with an evening in gayborhood, Eixample, and find Mr. Right for the night.
15) People-watch over a perfectly-brewed cappuccino at laid-back cafe, Federal.
16) Settle into for a cocktail or two at one of the chic bars lining beautiful, Plaça Reial.
17) Admire the incredible toilet wallpaper photo collage at El Ravel’s gay hotspot, Madame Jasmin.
18) Go grunge with a night of dancing in gay warehouse venue, La Ká.
19) Have a ‘sea change’ for the day, and take the train down to Sitges, it’s just 30 minutes away.
20) Go YOLO and do some well-deserved shopping on glam Passeig de Gràcia. Think of the new sweater you’ll be able to show off to your friends back home.
21) Cool off by the Magic Fountain in Plaça d'Espanya, and watch the locals go about their day.
22) Ride the rather uninspiring metro and test just how gay Barcelona is by opening up Grindr.
23) Mingle with the cool crowd at minimalist coffee shop, Nomad Roaster’s, and get the perfect flat white.
24) Visit Barcelona at the end of June, and attend one of the best Prides to hit Europe - dancing in the street guaranteed.
25) Heat things up with a visit to popular Barcelona gay sauna, Condal. It’s split over three floors!
26) Pretend you’re one of the local patriots, and head to Camp Nou to watch Barcelona FC play a match, it will get loud.
27) Meander through the charming squares of the Gracia neighborhood, originally a quarter that was not part of Barcelona.
28) Sign up for a Rainbow Gay Tour and discover a different side to the city.
Are we missing something? Send us your suggestions here firstname.lastname@example.org We’d love to see what you’ve got!
Feeling inspired to visit Barcelona now? You'll also love our guide to Alternative Gay Barcelona
Cover image: Copyright Jose Maria Izquierdo Galiot
Cozy apartments, private rooms and amazing homes: be welcomed by the gay community in over 200 countries
Apartments, rooms, homes: be welcomed by the gay community