Need a little inspiration for your next gaycation to Paris. Sure a walk along the Seine River, or a romantic night in a local French wine bar are definitely bucket-list worthy, we thought we'd create a tailored bucket list of 50 gay things to be done in gay Paris. Thanks to all the people who helped, especially David, Seb, Pierre-Ange, Loïc, Roman, Cedric and all the others!). This is it.
What about you? What is your score?!
1. Have a beer and shiver on the sidewalk of the Cox bar, in the winter, during the happy hours.
2. Try, more or less discreetly, to photograph the Go-go Dancer in the shower of the Raidd Bar.
3. Run like hell on Place de la République on a Saturday night at 0:58 to make sure you get to the Scream Club with your free pass!
4. Have a picnic at Les Buttes Chaumont, on the first warm days of spring.
5. Check-in at Place Vendome on Facebook just to show off to your friends while you are in fact at the grocery store!
6. Buy a "baguette magique" brioche at Legay Choc, just to feel less lonely on winter evenings!
7. Try and make up your mind between a "José Bové" and "the 22 V'la" burger at Les Marroniers!
8. Try unsuccessfully to study, lying on the banks of the Seine, in "Queer Beach", at the Tuileries. Many cuties to stare at!
9. Bring your harness purchased from Rex at the Beardrop
10. Flirt at the BHV, in the DIY department.
11. Tour the Paris fire stations in the early morning, in order to spy on the firemen gym sessions.
12. Bike Le Marais on a Vélib', hoping to run over Mr Prince Charming.
13. Go to the basement of Les Mots à la Bouche book store pretending to be photo amateur, just to stare at the erotic photography books.
14. Catch a taxi from Place de la Concorde on a Sunday at 6 o'clock in the morning 'out of the Club Sandwich, disguised, in panties and perched on 6-inch heels!
15. Wait in line for 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon in the sun on the terrace of Le Rosa Bonheur trying to reach the bar to grab a glass of rosé.
16. Register at Gym Louvre, just to convince friends that you spend your days playing sports.
17. Speak ill about Têtu magazine without having even read it in three months. By the way, the new version is really good!
18. Go and see a show of Yvette Leglaire at the Point Virgule. Or go and see Michou at "Chez Michou" also works.
19. Tempt fate and get lost in the labyrinth of the gardens of the Louvre bushes.
20. Go out to the Spyce, just to see if a year later, it is still really crowded.
21. Have cried when the Amensia bar shut down.
22. Never set foot in the Abercrombie & Fitch store on the Champs Elysees, because it's so much more chic to go to the one in New York City.
23. Turn for a whole Sunday afternoon in the corridors of the Sun City and see if you end up sceptical or not
24. Have danced in the Queen when it was still a gay club
25. Turn on Grindr in the metro, to see if the pretty boy sitting in front is connected
26. Go to Boy'z Bazaar just to nab the latest flyers and free gay magazines
27. Have a drink at L'Impact, looking very relaxed
28. Buy your Christmas tree at Leroy Merlin near Les Halles
29. Test all of Paris brunches on Sunday afternoons
30. Swear that, no, you have never set foot in Le Dépot
31. Assumed to have swerved to his regime in a crisp cone strawberries in Berthillon
32. Try a new haircut at Space Hair Paris
33. Go to the Bercy concert hall to see Madonna, Kylie or Rihanna
34. Get a sunburn on your chest, during the city's Gay Pride Parade
35. Ask your best friend, who has a car (unlike you) to bring back some candles from a suburban Ikea shop
36. Appear on a picture in Sensitif magazine
37. Search desperately on Google Maps for the gay area, after having arrived at the Bois de Vincennes
38. Eat some cheddar "gros calibre bourrin" at Le Kofi du Marais
39. Go working out at Club Med Gym Palais Royal to enjoy the doorless showers
40. Stare at the boys in bathing suits Les Halles, pretending to wait for a friend before going to the movies
41. Spent an evening partying at Crazyvores / Follivores and end up being drunk
42. Get to know your neighbors from the next table at the past 4Pat restaurant
43. Sit outside having coffee on the Beaubourg Café terrace and spend your afternoon criticizing the guys who walk by
44. Go for a romantic drink on the terrace of the Printemps
45. Push the IEM door ensuring that no one saw you
46. Make an appointment with a friend in front of the Quick Hôtel de Ville
47. Feel unsynced with the world in the metro, going home from a night club at 8 in the morning while everybody else is going to work
48. Spend the day with friends at Disneyland Paris and try to flirt with cast-members
49. Hunt down the latest swimwear trends at Les Dessous d'Apollon to be sure to be on top on the beach of Barcelona
50. Register on misterb&b to welcome gay travelers visiting Paris!
Cozy apartments, private rooms and amazing homes: be welcomed by the gay community in over 135 countries
Apartments, rooms, homes: be welcomed by the gay community